Physical Education supports you in acquiring skills through a variety of developmentally appropriate movement activities. You will gain experience within various physical activities assisting you in further understanding health and wellness benefits, promoting positive interactions and leading an active lifestyle.
Our goal at the NSS is for each student to acquire an appreciation for a variety of physical activities and a desire to pursue a lifestyle of physical fitness purely for enjoyment and health after competitive sport. Four other primary program aims are to:
- Develop physical skills and knowledge of several activities that will enable participation in a wide variety of activities.
- Develop social skills that promote acceptable standards of behaviour and positive relationships with others.
- Develop positive attitudes that will encourage participation in various physical recreational activities, promoting a positive self-image and respect for others.
- Have fun in less competitive physical activities.
- Develop leadership and team building skills in a non-competitive environment.